Wonder why ashitaba is the most popular green food in Japan and the most searched plant in the Philippines now?
It’s not often when you can kill many birds with one stone. Consuming ashitaba will help save healthcare costs and certainly protect your health. I’d like to put emphasis on the latter. Ashitaba is a single super product that exerts so many positive effects on health! It contains 11 different types of vitamins and 13 minerals. B12 is one of them.
This vitamin is normally produced only in animals (meat, fish and eggs) and not plants. So if you’re a vegetarian or vegan, you should most definitely take ashitaba to supplement your body with B12.
What B12 Does
With regular and adequate supply of vitamin B12 in your daily diet, you will have increased production of blood cells, increased attention span and concentration, increased production of growth hormone, and stronger immune system to fight off serious disorders like cancer.
Conversely, if you are short of B12, your body will be more prone to having serious cognitive and nervous system problems, in addition to increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease and pernicious anemia.
But that is not all, so stay with me here.
Nutritional analysis of ashitaba revealed the following:
- 100 grams of ashitaba powder contains the beta-carotene content equivalent to four carrots for good vision.
- The vitamin B2 content in ashitaba is equivalent to 28 cloves of garlic. This celery-like vegetable also contains nerve growth factors (NGF) that help to regulate good blood pressure and lower cholesterol.
- Its vitamin C content is equivalent to four lemons and nine times the amount of iron found in spinach.
- Ashitaba is a lactogate and as a detoxifier, which helps remove heavy metals such as mercury, lead etc. which have been found in mother’s milk. It promotes a better immune system with healthy milk for babies.
- Ashitaba restores the efficient function of organs, especially the liver and kidneys.
- an effective blood purifier and detoxifier.
- Ashitaba also contains vitamins B1, B3, B5, B6, biotin, folic acid, and the minerals calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, zinc, copper, manganese, sulfur and silicon.
- Ashitaba promotes metabolism for weight control and helps lower blood sugar levels, enhancing the body’s own ability to heal itself.
Codename (Scientific): ANGELICA KOIDZUMI
For both men and women of all ages, ashitaba is recommended as it has been used as a traditional herbal formulation. Try taking it for a month and the wonder will soon dust off the pearl.
You will know why in Japan, this celery-like plant’s juice is present in their 24/7 major subway stations in a form of healthy energy drinks. In Japan, they even sell ashitaba ice cream! Yummy… 😀